53rd Anniversary of Star Trek

I just wanted to take a quick moment to briefly acknowledge the occasion of this historic observance.  53 years ago today, the original Star Trek television series was broadcast to American audiences who saw it on small cathode ray picture tubes.  Many of them saw it in black-and-white, because they did not yet have a color television set.



I was too young to know this existed in 1967--when it first aired.  I saw it in re-runs later, when my parents made a habit of watching it.  There has never been a decade in my living memory when I was without this Science Fiction TV show.  No matter where I have lived, I've always been able to find it on the TV schedule at least one day a week.  I owe some of what I am today to the performances of those actors, and the imagination of the show's creator.