The Written Apocalypse

Recently, I had the opportunity to make the acquaintance of dystopian author Dee Cooper, host of The Written Apocalypse podcast.  She interviewed me for an hour me about the RPG I created, A.C.: After Collapse.  In some ways, it was the manifest proof that so much of what I've been doing for the last 4-5 years has not been a waste of time.  That seems like a grand statement, but it is true.  Ask anyone who has devoted themselves to something hard for that much time and they'll tell you.  It's one thing to chase your dream, something else to catch it.

We spent some time talking about the game's first novel, Haven's Legacy.  My decision to write it as a Young Adult introduction to the world of post-apocalyptic fiction was more than a business decision.  It brought me full-circle, from the first time I read John Christoher's "The White Mountains," to now.  Much like his, my own hero of this post-apocalyptic adventure is visually impaired, he wars glasses.  Call it what you want, catharsis or a statement of liberation.  I've been waiting for most of my life to do this, and I have.  What comes next?  Let's find out.