Chase Your Dream

It's an open secret just now that I'm getting ready for Arctic Comic Con.  You might say I that have made the most of being anonymous, I worked on A.C.: After Collapse for many years be-fore I was able to showcase it at this year's convention in Anchorage, Alaska.  As I write this, I've still got some of that anonymity, by this time tomorrow thousands of people will know my name and what I did.  I've already said a lot in recent blog posts about what had to happen before I could get just this far.  Here and now, in the moment, I want to take a few seconds to record my thoughts and share with you some of what I learned.

When I was a kid, many people told me in many different ways: make the future you want to live in.  What in the Hell does that really mean, anyway?  Well, Okay.  Everything we need for the convention is packed and there's no one around to interrupt me, so here it is: Understand who you are, what you are, and what you are good at.  Then, do all three of them at the same time.  No, I am n-not kidding.  Pull that off and certain things become a little more obvious.  You'll start to notice what you can do.  Some of those things will be so small that you won't give them a second thought.  Others wil lbe so freakishly huge that--trust me--you will be scared.

Anyone who says they aren't afraid of doing the bigger things in life has truly lied to themselves before they ever think about deceiving you.  So, here I am.  The house is quiet and everything is done that needs to be.  It's not a glamorous start, nor is anything guaranteed.  All I can say is that this is my best effort.  Nothing I can influence has been left alone.  Lot of things fell through before we got to this point.  Doesn't do any good to be bitter about it, we are here now.  I chased this dream far longer than I wanted to, but I did catch it.  The cost has been high and I will always regret that.  Even so, we are ready to show our stuff at this convention.  Let the chips fall where they may.